Wednesday 20 January 2010

The Caketress

Preppy Couture

By The Caketress
It's around that time, existence near to the the modify of the year, where I countenance backwards and feel blessed. I've had the pleasure to impact with whatever pretty amazing couples this year and also enjoyed a some creative projects along the way. So when I was asked to organisation a cake for a Ralph Lauren Inspired Wedding distribute in the new supply of Wedluxe Magazine - The Designer Issue, planned by Cindy Johnson of Platinum Events Group, I was more then thrilled.



It's no secret that I highly enjoy taking inspiration from style and creating edible couture. Therefore I took designing an inspired cake sound for Ralph Lauren and Wedluxe very seriously. I researched one of his passed runway collections where I found skirts and dress with layers of unsmooth ruffles, stripes, feathered head pieces and of instruction preppy Hampton's style influences. I wanted to capture Ralph Lauren's minimalist detailed structured style patch complimenting the whole countenance of the article feature.



This is just a peak of the Ralph Lauren inspired feature. I highly recommend checking out the entire spread in Wedluxe now on stands and also the other talented people involved. It was one pleasant aggroup effort with some amazing and honored wedding business super stars.

Producer and Planner: Cindy Johnson - Platinum Events Group
Photographer: John Edgar
Floral Design and Decor: Fuscia Designs
Stationary: Bella Invites
Location: Palais Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment