Tuesday 22 December 2009

julie + jason & orange and gray wedding

I'm delighted to share Julie and Jason's wedding and the work of Jeff Wojtaszek Photography with you today. Dear friends of ours, Julie and Jason were married in bride's hometown of Pottstown, PA on a beautiful autumn day. From the moment Julie and Jason's handmade invitation arrived in the mail, I knew their wedding would be filled with thoughtful details and fun surprises. Julie, a professional graphic designer, took her color cues from nature and a tall stack of bridal magazines. Julie writes, "My inspiration came from a page I saw in "the knot" where a bridesmaid was wearing a gray dress holding this beautiful ornate orange flower. The brown was an accent color I added later. The colors worked well together and since orange is both Jason and my favorite color we just loved how everything turned out." We love how everything turned out too Julie! Just look...






















Instead of a traditional tuxedo vest, Jason wore a bright orange sweater vest under his Calvin Klein tuxedo. The groomsmen were offset in gray vests and orange ties. Julie's gown was a magnificent combination of lace and crystal beading that floated all around her all evening long. The bridesmaids wore platinum floor-length flat taffeta gowns with a deep v-neck and full skirt. The orange and gray theme carried through to the reception where orange and white centerpieces accompanied a trio of wine bottle candle holders that Julie and Jason made themselves. The favors were handmade as well. Writes Julie, "I made the soy candle favors. I've never made candles before and since I bought everything on-line, including the scented oil and dye, I wasn't quite sure how they would turn out or smell. I got everything from Lone Star Candle Supply Company. The container for the candle was a tin I got from Specialty Bottle Company. If I were to do it again, I would not buy the oil on-line. That probably one thing you need to smell and like. That project was another trial and error to get the color and scent right. All in all, it turned out great." 









Details
Bride's gown - La Sposa
Groom's tux - Calvin Klein
Bride's shoes - Grace
Groom's vest- Banana Republic
Bridesmaid's dresses - Vineyard by Priscilla of Boston
Bride's accessories - J.E. Caldwell earrings + bracelet was from Neiman Marcus
Bridesmaid's accessories - bracelets were from Anne Taylor + pashminas were from Red House

Vendors:
Ceremony Venue - St. James Lutheran Church
Reception Venue - Downingtown Country Club
Photography- Jeff Wojtaszek Photography
Florist- Blue Moon Florists

No comments:

Post a Comment