Saturday 2 January 2010

Chris and Emily vintage-themed wedding

Emily and Chris threw a gorgeous Southern wedding with loads of divine vintage details in beautiful Knoxville, Tenn., on November 7. The ceremony and wedding took place at the historic antebellum Bleak House (a Confederate home) located on the Tennessee River, with five tiered gardens -- you can still see the bullet holes from the civil war on the home! The couple had appetizers served all evening along with old-fashioned soda, a wine bar and a yummy candy buffet. 





Personal touches ... :
Lots of DIYs - including our sign post [my husband made] which had arrows on it that indicated all the places my husband and I have lived. We also created all of the signs throughout our wedding and spray painted the frames antique gold. The bride's birdcage veil and fascinator were done by Gagavida (details below) and the double strand of pearls was borrowed from [my] Oma (German for grandmother). We also designed our wedding invitation from scratch. I made it look like an old-fashioned poster and then found a graphic designer who could print it out for us on a high quality printer and with nice paper. We had so much fun doing this.


Favorite Part of the Wedding:
Since our wedding took place in a historic home, it wasn't set up like a traditional reception with tables all around the dance floor. We actually transformed the patio off the back into a tented dance floor, with the DJ sitting in the parlor with the windows open. My favorite part was making our entrance for the first time onto the dance floor. When we came into the patio, all of our family and friends were filling every square inch of it, smiling and cheering. You could feel love pouring out from every corner! It was amazing!


Advice to Fellow Brides:
Both of our families had to travel in for our wedding, so I depended on my husband to help me with lots of the planning and decision making. We recommend that before going to parents or seeking out other advice, really think, dream, and envision your ideal day. Think about what is most important to you and make those things priorities. When the big day finally arrives, allow your family and friends to do what they most want to - make your day fabulous! On your wedding day, don't focus on anything except having fun!
 
Details on Vendors:
Jennie Andrews is an amazing photographer. She not only took amazing photos, but did things like tie the bow on my sash for my dress, put bobby pins in my hair and had me laughing all day long! She has an amazing energy about her! I told my husband that I wanted to be Jennie's friend outside of our wedding, and since the big day we've hung out!

Gaga Vida - Birdcage veil and fascinator: GaGaVida @ www.xxoogagavida.com "Handmade custom pieces for wedding & wardrobe" I've always wanted to wear a birdcage veil, and GaGaVida worked with me to personally design the one I dreamed of! My original idea was to just wear the veil during the ceremony, and then keep the fascinator (the flower piece) in during the reception. I and everyone else for that matter loved the veil so much that I ended up leaving it on the entire evening!

Catering: Rex Bradford Jones Catering - http://abnersattic.net/ Rex's style fit the general vision of our wedding to a t. Besides catering, he actually runs a quaint restaurant (open for lunch) out of a two story colonial home in Knoxville. I loved the fact that Rex present at our reception. His staff was so professional, that we hardly even noticed they were there.

Wedding Coordinator: Kelsey Dotson of the Bleak House. Kelsey was fantastic. The week before the wedding she was in communication with all of the vendors, and made sure everyone was ready to go and on the same schedule. The day of the wedding, every time I would say "Oh Kelsey, we need to..." she'd finish my sentence and say it's taken care of!

DJ: Jim Ogle of Ogle Entertainment was great to work with. In fact him and Jennie, our photographer, have worked together before. This made execution of events seamless, as they had little cues and signs for each other in terms of timing. We joked with both of them that we had the hybrid of wedding vendors team!

Thank you so much for sharing your incredible day with us, Chris and Emily! Congrats!
 
  {Photos: Jennie Andrews Photography of Knoxville, Tenn.}

No comments:

Post a Comment